Friday, 14 October 2016

Meditation - Why I Started


Meditation









Here, I share openly about my struggle with depression, social-anxiety, addiction, self-critical thoughts as well as lack of identity and life purpose. Furthermore, I reveal how with time meditation (and other activities) transformed these poisons into a sweet, sweet nectar.

I hope this is a brilliant opportunity for beginners or people interested in meditation to hear a true and honest story, from an average human-being, in terms you can easily understand and relate to.

So why have I done this? Fundamentally, to assist people out there who are battling with similar struggles and to show that we can receive help and find a way through this mess! There really is a way!

It is absolutely terrifying to feel completely alone, with your mind fighting and torturing itself. It is even worse when we feel unable to talk to somebody about it. Or, we want to talk about it but feel nobody cares or has time to listen.

Shame can have a crippling effect on one's being. So, first and foremost, I would like to extend my availability to anybody that needs help or somebody to talk to. I am here for you as a friend.

There is no shame in admitting that you are struggling with something. In fact, it is a sign of immense honesty, bravery and self-acceptance. As long as you avoid your illness, it will worsen and remain unhealed.

I want to inspire us to muster up the courage to ask for help when we are broken inside. I want us to equip ourselves with the tools to steadily build up our health and strength; so that we can repair our damaged hearts, minds and bodies.

Ultimately, I want us to reach a state of well-being and clarity where we can be powerful agents for positive change in this world! With the right approach, attitude and philosophy we can do lots of good in this beautiful world.

No comments:

Post a Comment